PART II (C): Diction

                                                                           "Dreams" 
Dreaming of future professions and deciding on careers is one of the most important aspects of growing up.
 I would spend hours planning out my future and deciding what direction I wanted to head in. However, my dreams and aspirations were never settled on one decision. It would shift from one profession to the next, one location to the next. The shift could take a few years, or as little as a few weeks when I was younger. I remember wanting to be an actress, acting at the television shows and gaining popularity. I remember wanting to be a lawyer or doctor, just for the money. I remember wanting to be a music producer due to my love of music. I remember being young and jokingly telling people that I wanted to work as a cashier. I remember when I thought I could get into Harvard. I also remember when everything changed: my dreams, my expectations, my realizations. As I grew up, I discovered the difference of what would happen, what should happen, and what I wanted to happen. My expectations for myself grew, my passions became more definite. My imagination became darker and began shutting down. I believe I have a path set now that is realistic, follows my passions, and has potential to be rewarding. But in ten years, I may look back once again. I may say, “I remember when I wanted to be model" and laugh. Just like when I remember when I thought that typing "uXt4h?" was cool. Or maybe this will be what I look back on and say, “I made the right choice.”

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

PART I: Creative Writing: An Intellectual and Aesthetic Expression